Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thinking about Vintage....

This is what I envision when I think about vintage... the everyday people. This is a photo of my maternal Grandparents in the 40's-50's.  I miss them very much... they were such a big part of my life while growing up.  It's too bad that families aren't like that these days.... I have fond memories of them being around - Bubba helping out with house repair stuff and Gramma helping with gardening, cooking, & cleaning.  Spend the nights at their house were always special!  Bubba would let me play with the big block batteries and light bulbs and show me how current worked... Gramma would let me hang out in the kitchen with her....  yes, fond memories!

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoyed hanging out on Henry Street watching the fireworks on 4th of July by your house with your grandparents (and parents).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was pretty cool... being able to see the fireworks from our house, although living so close to James Street Park was nice too! I really liked playing tennis against those big cement wall courts, and roller skating all around the park - what great excersize without even realizing it! LOL

    ReplyDelete